In today’s rapidly expanding technological age, social media and it’s influence is expanding. From sharing Facebook updates to posting photos on instagram to communicating with friends and followers on Twitter, social media is everywhere and isn’t going away anytime soon.
With such a big influence on the world we live in, social media can be a game changer for companies and the way they do business. Whether you’re doing online marketing, advertising or looking to increase your company’s search engine optimization (SEO) profile, here are 14 things to think about when it comes to the power of social media and the Internet.
- A report from SalesForce Marketing Cloud found that 83 percent of customers ‘love or ‘like’ when a business responds to them on social media.
- Almost all (94 percent) of B2B marketers use LinkedIn as part of their content strategy.
- Google receives more than 100 billion searches per month.
- Approximately 70 percent of the links search users click on are organic.
- The Pew Research Center finds that 72 percent of adult Internet users use Facebook.
- Animoto’s The State of Social Video 2017 report found that 64 percent of customers said they make a purchase after watching a marketing on Facebook in the last month.
- The Social Media Marketing Industry Report finds that nearly two-thirds of marketers cited Facebook as the most important social media platform.
- SEO (inbound) leads have a nearly 15 percent close rate while outbound leads (mail or print advertising) have about a two percent close rate.
- About 75 percent of SEO occurs off-page and 25 percent occurs on-page.
- Companies that publish 16 or more blog posts per month receive nearly 3.5 times more traffic than companies that publish only a few monthly posts.
- A July 2015 study by Moz and BuzzSumo found that long form content of over 1,000 words consistently receives more shares and links than shorter form content.
- Businesses with a strong keyword in their name rank 1.5 spots higher than if there is no keyword in the name.
- Statistica finds that mobile Internet penetration will grow to more than 61 percent worldwide in 2018.
- About 70 percent of online referrals come from ‘dark’ or user to user social networking, including messaging apps, private browsing and e-mail.
When it comes to getting the attention of customers, the importance of effective online marketing cannot be understated. Combining catchy website design with improved SEO services and an increased social media footprint will put company’s out front of their online marketing campaigns and customers will be more engaged and interested in what they have to offer.
To learn more about how a good online marketing strategy can help your company, these 10 tips can get you started on your way.