Frustration does not even begin to explain the news that you just received. After a few months of trying to figure out why your small writing company was not having any new customers, you finally decided to do some investigating yourself. You were frustrated, nearly to the point of being angry, in fact, when you discovered that your partner let the subscription on your website lapse. The fact that this is the second time this has happened makes it even more frustrating.
In conversation with your business partner, she confessed that she knew that the lapse had occurred, but she was not confident that you would want to reinvest another annual fee. As the conversation continued, however, you both reached the same conclusion: your small business that offered writing coaching to students who were writing essays for scholarships needed to have a consistent website presence. You also agreed that you actually needed to invest more, not less in these efforts. Without online marketing, you both agreed, your small company cannot compete.
Digital marketing drives everything today. From new customers finding out about your product or service to enticing current customers to return, online marketing serves the role of advertising products, promoting new services, and tracking posts.
Consider these facts and figures about the role that digital media and integrated marketing services play in today’s business world:
- 80% of the companies who do not meet their revenue goals attract 10,000 monthly website visitors or less.
- 70% of the companies who exceed their revenue goals attract more than 10,000 visitors per month.
- 48% of professional marketing services build a new landing page for each marketing campaign. Relying on an old format to promote a new product or service is simply not that effective.
- 50% more sales-ready leads are generated by companies that excel at lead nurturing. In addition, this progress is made at 33% less cost.
- 46% of people indicate that a website?s design is their number one criterion for determining a company’s credibility.
- 93% of today’s online experiences begin with a search engine.